The meeting accounting is running at nearly £2600 as we return from coffee.
Instant feedback from the small groups captured by Patrick’s little video tool as talking heads over coffee. (May be available later online?) There’s a general feeling of skepticism bordering on cynicism about some of them but some enthusiasm. Boundaries between the personal and the professional/work worlds – some people mix them seamlessly (apparently) but some people experience a lack of separation between work and other life as very problematic already.
Patrick is going to suggest things we should do:
- Let’s give Twitter a try. No compulsion but that’s where people will gather. Follow PlantOUTEL if it’s not already following you (so we can see all the TEL people’s Twitter accounts).
- Wikis – I did a (private) wiki for last year’s conference – but we can use WetPaint, pbWiki, etc, and there is an IET wiki again. Should use for monthly and quarterly reports.
- Blogs – encourage people to try – let Juliet/Will know and they’ll put it in to the aggregator.
- KMi tools – do play with them. Can we occupy Cohere (Compendium?) to support IET’s ideas?
- Ning – have a look at the Ning Anesa and Rebecca have set up.