I offer consultancy services to a wide range of clients, drawing on my skills and experience from 20 years as an academic at the Open University in all aspects of learning (personal, online, formal, informal, organisational, etc), and working with people, technology, data science, and artificial intelligence, in the education field and beyond.
I am a highly experienced researcher, analyst, project leader, data scientist, teacher, developer, educational technologist and manager. I particularly enjoy rapidly appraising new-to-me contexts, and mediating between highly technical specialisms and others, from ordinary users to senior management.
I offer a range of services, from giving talks and running workshops, to short consultancies and longer contracts. If I cannot help directly, I will do what I can to connect you with someone who can. So do get in touch!
If you are more interested in training and development courses, I am also an expert teacher and facilitator – see my training page for more information.
- Strategic focus and systematic understanding
- Research and analysis
- Data science, statistics, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, quantitative research
- Interviews, focus groups, workshops, qualitative research
- Innovation and organisational change
- Broad knowledge of subject and practice domains (including science, engineering, healthcare and medicine, economics, philosophy, law, policy, and education at all levels)
- Rapid understanding of new contexts and domains
- Leading and managing multidisciplinary teams of specialists
- Knowledge brokerage between a wide range of stakeholders,
- Policy and regulatory issues, including data protection (GDPR), copyright, ethics, and domain-specific policy and legislation
- 30 years’ experience in delivering technology projects across a wide range of topics within and beyond academia
- Longstanding personal interests in education, medicine and healthcare, aviation, economics, current affairs, and computing and consumer electronics
- Engaging and effective presentations and teaching