Here are some links to Learning Analytics literature, developed to help with talks I give on learning analytics. They’ll make most sense in that context, but should be useful standalone. (If you want me to give the talk somewhere else, do get in contact.)
Last edit: 28 May 2014.
- For teachers: Doug Clow (2013). An overview of learning analytics.Teaching in Higher Education, 18(6). [full text, preprint]
- View of the field: George Siemens (2013). Learning Analytics: The Emergence of a Discipline. American Behavioral Scientist, Oct 2013, 57, 1380-1400. [full text]
- Social learning analytics: Rebecca Ferguson & Simon Buckingham Shum (2012). Social learning analytics: Five approaches.2nd Intl. Conf. on Learning Analytics & Knowledge (LAK12), 29 Apr-02 May 2012, Vancouver, BC, 23–33. [full text, preprint]
- Overview: Rebecca Ferguson (2012). Learning analytics: Drivers, developments and challenges. International Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning, 4(5/6), 304–317. [full text, preprint]
- For policymakers: UNESCO Policy Brief: Learning Analytics, Simon Buckingham Shum, Nov 2012.
- JISC CETIS Analytics Series – whole range of useful briefings and case studies. Ideal for practitioners or policymakers. UK focus.
- EDUCAUSE Learning Analytics library – comprehensive briefings, papers and op-eds on the field. North American focus. Many of the key early papers here.
- Learning Analytics Community Exchange – live series of briefings, white papers, webinars and events. European focus.
The Learning Analytics and Knowledge conference:
- LAK11, Banff, Canada, Feb/Mar 2011 [ACM Proceedings]
- LAK12, Vancouver, Canada, Apr/May 2012 [ACM Proceedings]
- LAK13, Leuven, Belgium, Apr 2013 [ACM Proceedings]
- LAK14, Indianapolis, USA, Mar 2014 [ACM Proceedings]
- LAK15, New York State, USA, Mar 2015 [CFP due June 2014]
- Journal of Educational Technology and Society, 2012, 15(3)
- American Behavioural Scientist, 2013, 57(10)
- … more on the way.
- SoLAR: Society for Learning Analytics Research. LAK conferences, LASI summer institutes, Flare local meetings, Storm PhD training, Journal of Learning Analytics on the way.
- IEDMS: International Educational Data Mining Society. Annual IEDMS conference, Journal of EDM.