I am very well placed to offer expert, strategic advice and consultancy to universities and other organisations dealing with the huge impact of Covid-19.
I have a track record of 20 years as an internationally-recognised expert in online learning at the Open University, and have experience of working strategically across the whole organisation. I combine a broad grasp of executive-level challenges and communication skills with deep expertise in data science, statistics, and technology.
Here are some ways I may be able to help:
- Expert advice for your Covid-19 emergency committee
- Monitoring official guidance and expert views on the disease and its progression
- Strategic learning and teaching response (especially online learning and assessment)
- Training needs analysis and response
- Emergency learning and development plan
- Educational technology market analysis
- Updated Learning and Teaching Plan
- Learner preparedness and learner support for online learning
- Learning analytics
- Planning for beyond the immediate crisis
- Benchmarking against other organisations
- Planning and leadership for more sustained online learning from the Autumn
Normally, I would expect to spend significant time face-to-face with colleagues to engage at this level, but that is obviously inappropriate now. Luckily, I am able to draw on more than 25 years experience of working effectively online.
For an indication of my approach, see some of my recent writing:
- 3 Apr 2020: Quoted in Guardian article Forget freshers’ week: universities prepare to teach new first years online
- 25 Mar 2020: Quoted extensively in Guardian article ‘It’s a nightmare’: how coronavirus is wreaking havoc on students’ exams
- 23 Mar 2020: More student data, but later
- 17 Mar 2020: Quoted extensively in Guardian article Universities having to adapt fast to the coronavirus
- 12 Mar 2020: What to do if you suddenly find yourself teaching at a distance (Wonkhe article)
- 2 Mar 2020: What should universities do to prepare for Covid-19 coronavirus?(Wonkhe article, one of the most popular ever on the site)
- 25 Feb 2020: Workshop on Covid-19 preparedness
- 14 Feb 2020: How COVID-19 illustrates timeless truths about data
For an exploratory discussion of how I could help, do get in touch.